Sunday, October 14, 2007

Comments on Classes and Article 7.

Hello. I would like to mention that this week classes were very interesting for me as they gave me some additional information about my individual assignments. The new things for me were: a) that mobile advertisers are ready to give you additional benefits for you to allow them to send advertising t your phone directly; b) I understood better how user generated content is working - before I had an experience with such an advertising online and wondered how advertisers do it now I know.

Article. ADwords: What Google is not Telling You.
http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?did=1298918851&Fmt=6&clientId=8851&RQT=309&VName=PQD

This article gives us more details about pour class conversation, namely how Google places advertiser' ads online. The article confirms that basic assmption "the higher the bid the higher your place online" is wrong. It also confirms our summary that Google is interested in ads quality and its profits. So it takes into consideration the following additional factors: search history; location; previous performance; match; number of ads to be shown, etc. In general the article gives to advertiser serious reasoning why he should be interested to improve quality of his job and how it will affect his profits in future. I believe it’s fair for all of us – Google, advertisers and consumers.

No comments: